Thursday 28 May 2015

Expelled

The clock ticked slowly and I tried not to check it to many times. “Hurry nick!” I said in a harsh whisper, “Just change all my grades to an A and let’s get out of here.” I muttered while scanning the walls of my ex principal’s office. The hot sweat in my palms was building up and causing me to wipe my hands on my pants every second. “Jacob I’m not sure this is a good idea, maybe you should admit to your parents that you got expelled. You would get in more trouble by doing this then just telling them.” Nick stammered. No, they mustn’t find out; if they do I can’t imagine what they will do to me, I thought to myself. “Nick we can’t give up now, look how far we have already gotten.” Nick was a computer genius and could hack into anything, even the school report system, if you gave him a reasonable bribe. Which is why he now has half of my life’s worth of pocket money. Weeeeoooeeeoooeee. Nick and I met eyes instantly with frightened faces. “How did the police find us?” I hollered as I jumped out of my chair. “Sorry Jacob, you’re on your own.” As I turned to face nick with an angry glare, only his leg falling out the window could be seen. I cursed in my head. “Put your hands up!” a harsh voice exclaimed outside the door of the office. My hands raised as my head sunk to the ground in realization that I would not get away with this. Why was I so stupid? Thinking I could get away with lying to my parents that I got straight A’s, when really I had been expelled from school! I walked obediently into the police car knowing that I had done something wrong and I should take all the blame. “You do realise you now have a criminal record, even if it was just a small crime?” piped the police officer. He was short and plump, with a soft face but had a raspy harsh voice. “I understand officer.” I nodded. “Breaking into a private property is a violation of the law” He continued.
 I wiped the hot sweat from the inside of my palms onto the bars of the jail cell one last time. “Jacob McGregor, your uhh father… is here to pick you up.” The officer said with uncertainty. It had only been about three hours since I was caught, I took a deep breathe in as I revised exactly what I was going to say to my furious parents. As I laid eyes on my father, instantly I knew exactly who it was. Nick had pulled on a long trench coat, sunglasses and pretended to be my dad. I went along with the act, “Thank you officer.” I said quickly, hiding a smirk. “And sorry for the misunderstanding.” I stammered as my eyes followed my face to the floor. Nick nodded at the police man and quickly hurried me out, avoiding any speaking or close contact with anyone at the station. As we sped into nicks old chipping truck the side step on his truck slipped off and scraped on the road, I looked at him with an extremely apologetic expression. “Don’t worry, that happens all the time” he bluntly stated, not sounding surprised. “Quickly, we probably look very suspicious.” We drove out of the car park with an eerie feeling, although I knew I was safe I still could not help glancing to the rear view mirror every minute. I hadn’t realised it was so late until my eyes met the digital time on the dash board, 2:33 am, it flashed continuously until a wave of weight feel over my eyelids. My eyes hovered up and down until I fell into a deep sleep in the passenger seat of nicks car. I woke in my own bed with an envelope in casing a letter on my chest. Attached to the envelope was a sticky note from nick; I pressed send just in time ;), it read. My fake report card! I released a wave of air while my shoulders sank down, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Suddenly my mum walked past my door, “Morning Jacob, almost ready for school?” I glanced down at the report card and quickly ripped the sticky note from the envelope. “Uh yeah” I gulped. “Hey mum, my report card came last night” I blurted out. “Oh really, let me see” I hesitantly handed my mother the envelope. She gave me a confused look but I quickly covered it with a fake grin. As she opened the envelope her facial expressions had me on edge. Instantly she seemed confused which changed to a very surprised look, I couldn’t make out if she as happy or not. “Jacob, I can’t believe this, straight D’s?!”
By Neve Hawkins


Inspired by Awesomeness TV, Expelled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment